Why Kai Ming Head Start? Kai Ming Head Start, a non-profit organization established in 1975, began with a powerful idea: to provide early childhood care and education that gives children the best chance of reaching their full potential in life. Our teachers, administrators and staff are dedicated to helping parents prepare for their child during pregnancy, provide exceptional infant and day care, and offer a comprehensive, culturally relevant preschool curriculum to get ready for kindergarten. Families in San Francisco trust Kai Ming to foster an environment where potential has no limits.
Preschool (3-5 years) Culturally relevant,
family-centric and child-interest specific, curriculum that supports dual
language learners prepares children for kindergarten and provides a springboard
for life-long learning. Teacher-child-ratio between 1:5 to 1:8.
Infant and Toddler Care (3-36 months) Early learning: social-emotional,
language, cognition, and physical development foundations of early learning are
central to creating the nurturing environment at our centers.
Teacher-child ratio 1:3 for infants and 1:4 for toddlers.
Prenatal and Home-Based Care Weekly home visits, monthly center-based
socialization plus comprehensive health, and wellness services
give parents and children a solid start.
With passion and patience, our teachers take a genuine interest in your child, forming wonderful bonds that inspire learning.
- We employ experienced, certified teachers. The majority of our lead teachers have B.A. or M.A. degrees in education with specialization in early childhood education.
- We welcome diversity among our staff. The language that our students speak at home is reflected in our staffing.
Several award-winning early childhood education programs form the core of what we offer.
- Our curriculum provides dual language learners with instruction in 2 or more languages, promoting cultural awareness and fundamental skills in literacy and language.
- Character education teaches students respect, kindness, truthfulness and other important social-emotional skills.
- The Creative Curriculum® inspires children with hands-on investigations geared to their specific interests and developmental level.
- The Project Approach builds on children’s natural curiosity to problem-solve. Their questions transform into extended learning experiences.
Beyond academics and childcare, we provide the family support that makes the difference.
- Your family advocate is located at each center to support your family with specific needs, including housing, health, education, parenting, mental health, and more.
- Health screenings and referral services are part of our comprehensive approach because learning happens when children and their families feel their best, mentally and physically.
- Healthy, multicultural meals and snacks are offered to all students through the California Child and Adult Food Program (CACFP). All food allergies are accommodated.
- Parent engagement events create a community that helps you stay involved in your child’s education. You have input in program decisions, policy council meetings, educational sessions, and more.
We Partner with You.
Join the Kai Ming early education community to confidently unlock your child’s full potential and offer them the best start in life.